The Resource 48 liberal lies about American history : (that you probably learned in school), Larry Schweikart
- 48 liberal lies about American history : (that you probably learned in school), Larry Schweikart
- Title remainder
- (that you probably learned in school)
- Statement of responsibility
- Larry Schweikart
- "...with a new chapter and revisions..."--t.p. verso
- Bibliography note
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -300) and index
- The First Presidents intended for the United States to be isolationist -- The Mexican and Spanish-American Wars were imperialist efforts drummed up by "corporate interests" -- FDR knew in advance about the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor -- Harry Truman ordered the atomic bombing of Japan to intimidate the Soviets with "atomic diplomacy" -- John F. Kennedy was killed by LBJ and a secret team to prevent him from getting us out of Vietnam -- Richard Nixon expanded the Vietnam War -- The "Peace Movement" activists were not dupes of the KGB -- Ronald Reagan knew "Star Wars" wouldn't work but wanted to provoke a war with the USSR -- Mikhail Gorbachev, not Ronald Reagan, was responsible for ending the Cold War -- September 11 was not the work of terrorists: it was a government conspiracy -- No terrorists or weapons of mass destruction were hiding in Iraq -- The Founders envisioned a "Wall of Separation" between Church and State, keeping religious influence out of government -- Thomas Jefferson favored "small government" and was a Pacifist -- Women had no rights in Early America -- Restrictions on the right to vote kept voter participation law -- Prohibition was unpopular from the beginning and failed in all its objectives -- Sacco and Vanzetti were innocent and wrongly executed -- Senator Joseph McCarthy concocted the "Red Scare," and there was nothing to fear from Communist subversives -- The Rosenbergs were not spies and were wrongfully executed -- Lee Harvey Oswald shot JFK because he was a deranged Marine, not because he was a Communist -- Columbus was responsible for killing millions of Indians -- The early colonies were intolerant and racist -- Early America was home to few guns or gun owners -- Abraham Lincoln only freed the slaves to beef up his troop strength -- The Scopes trial proved that Darwin was correct and Christians were backward -- The 1950s were dull and boring and created a generation of Conformists in the workplace and home -- Richard Nixon sent burglars into the Watergate office complex -- Neither Ronald Reagan's election nor the "contract with America" proved the triumph of conservative ideas -- Bill Clinton was impeached over sex -- George W. Bush was selected, not elected, in 2000, and votes were stolen on his behalf -- Muslim terrorists are poor and uneducated and hate us because we support Israel -- The news media is objective, fair, and balanced--and always has been -- Native Americans were great environmentalists, while white settlers destoryed the buffalo -- The First Thanksgiving took place because the Indians saved the Puritans from their own ineptitude -- The "Robber Barons" pillaged the land and destroyed the environment -- Federal regulators have protected the public's health by identifying harmful products -- Global warming is a fact, and it's a man-made, American-driven problem -- The Constitution was the creation of "Elites" protecting their financial interests -- Northern Capitalist greed--not slavery-- drove the Civil War -- The Sherman Anti-Trust Act protected the "little guy" and reined in "big business" abuses -- The Transcontinental Railroads never would have been built without government -- The robber barons were only assuaging their guilt with their philanthropy -- The Income Tax was created to make the rich pay their fair sharee, and tax cuts only benefit upper-income Americans -- Business failures and tax cuts combined to cause the Great Depression -- LBJ's great society had a positive impact on the poor -- The decline of American autos and steel was caused by insufficient government support for the industries -- The Reagan tax cuts caused massive deficits and the National Debt -- Alger Hiss was innocent --History textbooks used in schools are unbiased and not politically correct
- 22 cm.
- Paperback edition.
- xv, 316 p.
- Isbn Type
- Other physical details
- System control number
ContextContext of 48 liberal lies about American history : (that you probably learned in school), Larry Schweikart
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Instance 48 liberal lies about American history : (that you probably learned in school), Larry Schweikart
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.depositfreelibrary.org/resource/_POzC8lppyQ/" typeof="WorkExample http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Instance"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.depositfreelibrary.org/resource/_POzC8lppyQ/">48 liberal lies about American history : (that you probably learned in school), Larry Schweikart</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.depositfreelibrary.org/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.depositfreelibrary.org/">Deposit Free Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Deposit Free Library. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...